Vuulr is a Singapore based, B2B technology company that is transforming the global US$240bn Film & TV Industry.
Filmmakers and Producers of TV content make their money by selling the rights to their content to broadcasters eg Mediacorp, Discovery and OTTs Netflix
But the industry is old-fashioned and this process is manual, slow and expensive.
Vuulr is revolutionizing how the industry trades with its global online content rights marketplace, making it faster, easier and cheaper for broadcasters and OTTs to acquire content from Film Studios & TV Productions houses around the world.
We are a business that is pioneering the use of tech and sophisticated digital marketing in the B2B sector of the Film & TV Industry.
You can see the marketplace at www.vuulr.com, where there is a video walk through of platform.
The platform is live (9 months) and has already seen enormous traction in the industry, with more than 1,500 registered and approved B2B users and over 20,000 hours of content garnered from almost every country in the world, and transactions happening on platform already.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team to build out and run the marketing function, a key role that will be responsible for driving the growth of Vuulr’s business.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be focused on helping Vuulr drive growth in its key business metrics
- Acquisition of Buyers & Sellers
- Driving Transactions of content between buyer and seller
- Activation & Retention of Buyers & Sellers
You’ll need to be able to
- Develop a marketing strategy & budget to achieve the objectives & execute it
- Identify, deploy & manage tools to support our needs eg. Mailchimp, Autopilot, Segment, Hubspot, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc
- Plan and execute sophisticated digital/performance marketing campaigns through FB & Google etc
- Work closely with the Product team to input to product design & marketing integration
As well as the Digital Marketing, your scope will include
- Designing and managing our participation at the major trade events like MIPCOM @ Cannes, NATPE @ Miami, AFM @ Santa Monica, APOS @ Bali, etc
- Content Marketing through thought leadership pieces around the transformation of the industry
- Press, PR, Social etc
You will need to be a good strategist, to be knowledgeable of the ad-tech available, as well as having a good eye for creative and copy.
- Understand the capabilities of the key tools in the market, and how to use them to design user experiences that delight
- Understand the FB and Google (and other) ad stacks, how to use them, how to optimise them
- Be able to drive data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness and value to the business.
- How to design and implement Customer Data Management, Data Driven Messaging / Marketing, CRM etc
- Strong written and spoken ability in English
Interest, aptitude and attitude are far more important than certificates and qualifications.
We’ll be looking to see that you have interest and/or proven aptitude in
- The Film & TV Industry
- Online businesses – like marketplaces or e-commerce
- Sophisticated Digital/Performance Marketing
We don’t expect you to be able to “tick all the boxes” above, but be able to tick some, and show that you have both the aptitude and interest to learn the others, quickly!
Who you are: Consultative and Dynamic: you thrive in a dynamic environment at the leading edge of marketing science and have worked collaboratively in small fast growing businesses.
Strategic business partnering: is what sets you apart. You have a unique ability to create stories out of data and focus results on improving efficiencies across businesses.
Investigative, methodical and analytical: you identify, investigate, and manage end to end processes, focusing on interpreting value adds and tangible strategic insights.
Drives innovation and growth: you’ve owned the development and delivery of marketing programs driven by data. You’re excited by sharing best practice and guiding the company into a new and better way of working.
Sophisticated communicator, problem solver and influencer: strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence is natural to you. You pride yourself on driving decisions and owning a commercial outcome for all parties involved.
The current Vuulr team includes experienced international founders and a young, hungry team who love the prospect of working with a digitally native, global business, in the fast growing and very dynamic Entertainment Content Industry.
We run a meritocracy, have a flat hierarchy that puts the “customer” at the top of the page, and allows every voice from within the company to be heard.
The industry we are addressing is valued at $240bn today, and so we are a fast moving, fast growing business competing for our share of this lucrative pie!
We work out of the IMDA’s Pixel Media accelerator facility at One North, in the heart of Mediaopolis, just over the road from Disney’s Sandcrawler office (you can see our office here).
Pixel is full of young, Singapore-founded companies in the media and content space. It’s fun, buzzy, with lots of community events around gaming, AR and VR. So its a nice work environment.
So, if you’re passionate about the entertainment industry and want to grow within a digital business with global ambitions, operating in an industry at the tipping point of significant (exciting!) disruption, this is an opportunity for you.
Send your CV and a covering letter to tell us a bit about why this opportunity excites you to email@example.com with the role in the Subject line.