Vuulr is a Singapore based, B2B technology company that is transforming the global US$240bn Film & TV Industry.
Filmmakers and Producers of TV content make their money by selling the rights to their content to broadcasters eg Mediacorp, Discovery and OTTs like Netflix.
But the industry is old-fashioned and this process is manual, slow and expensive.
Vuulr is revolutionizing how the industry trades with its global online content rights marketplace, making it faster, easier and cheaper for broadcasters and OTTs to acquire content from Film Studios & TV Productions houses around the world.
We are a business that is pioneering the use of tech and sophisticated digital marketing in the B2B sector of the Film & TV Industry.
You can see the marketplace at www.vuulr.com, where there is a video walk through of platform.
The platform is live (9 months) and has already seen enormous traction in the industry, with more than 1,500 registered and approved B2B users and over 20,000 hours of content garnered from almost every country in the world, and transactions happening on platform already.
As we scale and grow the engineering team, we’re looking for a smart and resourceful Program Manager to help take the reins on the day to day development of our core product.
You will be Vuulr’s first purposely-hired Program Manager and you’ll have the opportunity to influence Vuulr’s engineering and product development culture and processes. While this is a tactical, largely technical and hands-on role, you will have some broader product management responsibilities as well.
Objectives & Scope
Reporting to the CTO, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Prioritize, document and manage project execution within the Engineering team
- Plan and coordinate frequent production pushes (every 2-4 weeks)
- Conduct regular reviews of timelines, learnings and traffic control; drive daily engineering team stand-ups
- Test features for acceptability
- Work with our Marketing team to manage the go-to-market efforts to bring new features to the user
- Drive consensus, escalate objections and capture decisions
- Drive continuous improvement in an agile organisation; implement and improve technical processes and documentation
- Wire-framing and specing of new features
- Track, monitor and communicate program status, metrics and reports (e.g. burn-down charts, burn-up charts, sprint reports, etc.) to stakeholders and ensure that delivery commitments are met
- Possess a keen eye for detail and a desire to probe further
- Have a need to understand “why”; you won’t be writing code, but you will be expected to understand how things are working
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills and a strong desire to solve problems in clever, out-of-the-box ways
- Stellar organization skills
- Ability to put yourself in the shoes of the user to influence feature design and test
- Even though this is not a coding role, experience in writing code is a strong requirement as it will help in managing engineering, troubleshooting issues, and run deployment; not afraid to get your hands dirty in code to troubleshoot issues
- Strong ability to influence others across organization functions with facts and reasoning
- You have a strong desire to get things “right” first, but aren’t afraid to make decisions to get things done
- Have exceptional communication skills (in English) and an ability to build rapport with everyone in the organisation, not just with the engineering team
- Knowledge of application performance measurements and tools such as Mixpanel, Segment, Google Analytics, Fullstory,etc.
- A University Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of proven program/project/product management experience in shipping highly impactful web or software products
- Prior experience as a software engineer is a plus
- Hands on experience of CI/CD techniques and tools
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies, such as design sprints, story mapping and others
- Experience working in a geographically-distributed team is a plus.
- While infrequent, ability to travel within the region as needed (to meet potential customers and work with remote engineering teams)
The current Vuulr team includes experienced international founders and a young, hungry team who love the prospect of working with a digitally native, global business, in the fast growing and very dynamic Entertainment Content Industry.
We run a meritocracy, have a flat hierarchy that puts the “customer” at the top of the page, and allows every voice from within the company to be heard.
The industry we are addressing is valued at $240bn today, and so we are a fast moving, fast growing business competing for our share of this lucrative pie!
We work out of the IMDA’s Pixel Media accelerator facility at One North, in the heart of Mediaopolis, just over the road from Disney’s Sandcrawler office (you can see our office here).
Pixel is full of young, Singapore-founded companies in the media and content space. It’s fun, buzzy, with lots of community events around gaming, AR and VR. So it’s a nice work environment.
So, if you’re passionate about the entertainment industry and want to grow within a digital business with global ambitions, operating in an industry at the tipping point of significant (exciting!) disruption, this is an opportunity for you.
Send your CV and a covering letter to tell us a bit about why this opportunity excites you to email@example.com with the role in the Subject line.