Vuulr is a Singapore based, B2B technology company that is transforming the global US$240bn Film & TV Industry.
Filmmakers and Producers of TV content make their money by selling the rights to their content to broadcasters eg Mediacorp, Discovery and OTTs Netflix.
But the industry is old-fashioned and this process is manual, slow and expensive.
Vuulr is revolutionizing how the industry trades with its global online content rights marketplace, making it faster, easier and cheaper for broadcasters and OTTs to acquire content from Film Studios & TV Productions houses around the world.
We are a business that is pioneering the use of tech and sophisticated digital marketing in the B2B sector of the Film & TV Industry.
You can see the marketplace at www.vuulr.com, where there is a video walk through of platform.
The platform is live (9 months) and has already seen enormous traction in the industry, with more than 1,500 registered and approved B2B users and over 20,000 hours of content garnered from almost every country in the world, and transactions happening on platform already.
Reporting to the COO, this is an exciting opportunity to join the team to build out and run the finance function, a broad role that sees you being highly involved with driving the growth of Vuulr’s business.
Objectives & Scope
You will be responsible for the financial health of Vuulr. This is a “business oriented” role with a broad scope and the ability to proactively help the development of Vuulr’s business.
- Supporting the Budgeting process
- Producing Management reports and pro-actively making recommendations
- Managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Book-keeping using Xero
- Liaison with our payroll, accounting & audit firms
- Liaison with our Corp Secretarial firms
- Manage expenses & travel
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Commercial and business acumen
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Bachelor degree in: Finance, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years similar experience in complex commercial businesses;
- Recognised accounting qualification (e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA) – preferred;
- Strong practical experience & knowledge across financial control, FP&A, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and financial analysis
- Good knowledge in Singapore FRS and IFRS
- Good knowledge of withholding tax regulations/treaties in the region and globally
- Demonstrated success in strategic and executive level business partnering;
- Intermediate Excel experience coupled with good use of MS Office applications.
Who you are: Consultative and Dynamic: you thrive in a dynamic financial environment and have worked collaboratively in small fast growing businesses.
Strategic business partnering: is what sets you apart. You have a unique ability to create stories out of data and focus results on improving efficiencies across businesses.
Investigative, methodical and analytical: you identify, investigate, and manage end to end processes, focusing on interpreting value adds and tangible strategic insights.
Drives innovation and growth: you’ve owned financial change and delivery, driven by increasing commercials and finding long term cost savings. You’re excited by sharing best practice and guiding the company into a new and better way of working.
Sophisticated communicator, problem solver and influencer: strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence is natural to you. You pride yourself on driving decisions and owning a commercial outcome for all parties involved.
The current Vuulr team includes experienced international founders and a young, hungry team who love the prospect of working with a digitally native, global business, in the fast growing and very dynamic Entertainment Content Industry.
We run a meritocracy, have a flat hierarchy that puts the “customer” at the top of the page, and allows every voice from within the company to be heard.
The industry we are addressing is valued at $240bn today, and so we are a fast moving, fast growing business competing for our share of this lucrative pie!
We work out of the IMDA’s Pixel Media accelerator facility at One North, in the heart of Mediaopolis, just over the road from Disney’s Sandcrawler office (you can see our office here).
Pixel is full of young, Singapore-founded companies in the media and content space. It’s fun, buzzy, with lots of community events around gaming, AR and VR. So its a nice work environment.
So, if you’re passionate about the entertainment industry and want to grow within a digital business with global ambitions, operating in an industry at the tipping point of significant (exciting!) disruption, this is an opportunity for you.
Send your CV and a covering letter to tell us a bit about why this opportunity excites you to email@example.com with the role in the Subject line.