Customer Success Manager
Film & TV Content Sales/Distribution
Vuulr is transforming the US$240bn Film & TV Industry with a B2B Digital Marketplace to licence Film & TV Content globally.
The business is growing fast and we’re now looking to hire a Customer Success Manager, a crucial ‘human touch’ customer facing function dealing with our community of Vuulr marketplace users.
Studios, Indie filmmakers and Producers of TV content make their money by selling broadcast rights to their content to broadcasters (e.g. Discovery, BBC etc) and OTTs (e.g. Netflix) to show to their audiences. But the industry is old-fashioned and this transaction process is offline, slow and expensive.
Vuulr has developed an online marketplace to revolutionise how the industry trades with one another, making it faster, easier and cheaper. And with COVID disrupting the old ways of working, the industry is pivoting to digital and we’re seeing strong growth in demand on our platform.
This exciting role puts you at the heart of what happens on the platform.
Dealing with both the acquisitions teams from Broadcasters and Streaming platforms when they make offers on the platform – and the Film Studios/Production Houses/Distributors who receive the offers.
Your role is to speak to both sides and if needed, to help them navigate topics such as avails, rights types, territories, pricing models and pricing itself, and help them reach a successful conclusion.
- Build good relationships with the Key Buyers on the platform
- Take content briefs from Buyers of their current content needs
- Curate and make content recommendations to Buyers
- Connect with Buyers making offers/enquiries/RFPs to get the background info
- Connect with Sellers receiving offers/enquiries/RFPs to facilitate a prompt and relevant response to the Buyer
- Support the negotiation between Buyers and Sellers to support them to get to agreement and close the transaction
- Once a transaction has been agreed flag the transaction for billing of our commission
- Identify and address deal ‘leakage’
- Promote and support the Vuulr Business. Measures of success:
- Growth of Offers and RFPs
- Increasing the percentage of offers/enquiries/RFPs that result in closure
- Increase the overall deal value transacted on the platform
- Identify areas for us to improve, develop recommendations & support implementation
- Good knowledge of the Entertainment Industry and process of licencing
- Strong customer management attitude
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to think laterally to understand a customer situation, and add value
- Deal-making experience in content rights
- Fluency in English. Other languages beneficial but not a prerequisite
Personality, aptitude and attitude are far more important than certificates and qualifications. You must have a culture fit with a fast moving, sales oriented, hungry start-up with a huge opportunity to gain a share of.
Relevant experience (3 years) in the field of Film or TV Content Sales / Content Syndication / Distribution is preferred but not mandatory
The team is a mixture of experienced international management – the founders – all of whom have spent decades in Singapore/Asia. Our new lifeblood is coming from young, hungry executives who love the prospect of working with a digitally native, global business, while exercising their personal passions of TV & Film.
We run a very democratic office, where every voice is heard, and we firmly believe in work-life balance.
At the moment (because of COVID) we are working remotely (which is working well for us), but normally – we work out of JTC’s Launchpad accelerator facility near the One North MRT, in the heart of Mediapolis. Launchpad is full of young, companies in the media and content space. It’s buzzy, with lots of community events, and there are great food options on the doorstep!
So, if you’re passionate about the entertainment industry and want to grow within a digital business with global ambitions, operating in an industry undergoing a significant (exciting!) tipping point, this is an opportunity for you. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.