Content (Film, TV) Curation Specialist
Vuulr is a B2B technology company that is transforming the process of licencing Films & TV Shows globally. After just 2 years – with over 110,000 hrs now listed, and many major content producers, TV networks and streaming platforms registered – we have quickly become the global leader in the space and the business is expanding fast.
We’re now looking to hire a Content Curation Specialist to manage this marketing function, crucial because your ideas will inspire content buyers to make more offers, which drives our business.
Filmmakers and Producers of TV content make their money by selling the rights to their content to broadcasters (e.g. Mediacorp, Discovery) and streaming platforms (e.g. Netflix, Viu, etc) so that the latter can entertain their audiences.
But the way that the industry has managed this B2B process has been manual, slow and expensive. Vuulr has launched an online marketplace to revolutionise how the industry trades with one another making the process faster, cheaper and more efficient.
You will be responsible for identifying content themes and curating titles from our marketplace for our marketing campaigns. You will also support the sales team with recommending and curating titles to meet the requirements of buyers’ brief.
- Build an instinctive knowledge of the titles in our platform, as well as TV films and movies that are in general circulation
- Curate titles for outbound marketing campaigns that centre on similar attributes – content genre, seasonality, cast member, theme etc
- Identify trends and recommend topical titles and themes
- Dovetail with the marketing team for showcasing titles on social media
- Add future curation suggestions to a content calendar
- Mirror these curations onto the Vuulr homepage, to inspire buyers there too
- Compile bespoke recommendations for the Vuulr sales team in response to inbound buyer briefs
- A ‘mastermind’ knowledge of movies and TV shows, all genres, current and past
- Your curations & recommendations should be tighter than a Netflix algorithm
- A good understanding of the latest marketing techniques
- A restless imagination
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- 1-2 years of experience in the Film or TV Content industry
- Fluency in English
For Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents only. We do not require any Post-graduate degree/diploma or similar but one would be beneficial. We would rather hire someone with a native interest in the space, and the right attitude!
The team is a mixture of experienced international management (all of whom have spent decades in Singapore/Asia) and young, hungry, local talent. We’re just out of start-up mode but we run a very democratic office (albeit we’re working remotely right now due to COVID) where every voice is heard, and we firmly believe in work-life balance.
So, if you’re interested in entertainment and want to grow within a digital business, operating in a large, high growth industry at the tipping point of significant digital transformation this is an opportunity for you.
Send your CV and a covering letter to tell us a bit about why this opportunity excites you to email@example.com with the role in the Subject line.